Friday 18 February 2011

Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It Review

Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It Face Scrub and Mask 125ml
£7.40

The Face Scrub:
They Say: "A multi tasking scrub and mask marvel! Helps refine large pores and prevent blemishes.
Massage gently in circular motions, then extend out to the less clogged places on your face. Rinse well and follow with moisturiser."

I Say: I bought this on Monday on the strength of a review I read. I'm always on the hunt for good facial scrubs and I regularly chop and change so as I was coming to the end of my current cleanser I thought I would try this is out. At £7.40 it did seem a tad expensive, but Soap & Glory products do actually work really well so I didn't mind too much about the price (purchased within budget!)

It looks and smells almost identical to the Slimwear balm that I reviewed here - so don't get them mixed up! It's quite menthol but not unpleasant at all; in fact I've grown to quite like this smell! 


The texture is quite thin compared to other facial scrubs I have used, but a little spreads a long way and the consistency wasn't a disadvantage at all. The back of the tube specifies to use a pea sized amount but doesn't seem enough; a grape sized blob is the perfect amount for me to cover my entire face. The word 'scrub' in the title led me to believe it would be an exfoliator i.e. big exfoliating beads. Instead it feels like tiny grains of sand - it's not as harsh as an exfoliator, but it's also not as soft as a cleanser - I can feel the little grains on my skin but they are quite soft, if that makes sense?.


After just one use my face felt ultra clean, and very soft and smooth. I have since used this seven times since I have bought it and I really love the deep clean feeling and the matte look of my skin after use.

The Face Mask:
They Say: "Bonus! Pore purifying clay mask built-in! Just leave a thin layer on skin for 3 minutes longer for an oil-absorbing, brightening, pore cleaning mask!"

I Say: I decided to try the face mask part of it last night as my skin was feeling a bit run down and I wanted to perk it up a bit. I spread the same amount over my face as I would use if I was just cleansing then sat on the edge of the bath and timed my three minutes.

For the first 30 seconds to 1 minute there was a tingling sensation - not quite a sting, but a definite tingle! This died down and the mask began to dry slightly on my face.

After washing it off my skin was left feeling soft and looking quite matte. I wouldn't say there was too much of a difference between using it as a scrub or a mask, but I suppose the longer a product is on your skin the more of a chance it has to soak in and work its magic.


I'm thinking of stocking up on this in the 3 for 2 offer as I love the look and feel of my skin after using it!

Overall I give it 4 monkeys, because I don't think a week's use is enough to see any major pore refining differences.



Have you used this product? What do you think of it?



P.S. 
My giveaway ends in just over a week, don't forget to enter!

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    My second ever post reviewed this - I really like the fact that the exfoliants are soft and i find the menthol makes my skin feel really refreshed...
    Have been using it for about a month now I think and to be honest havent massively noticed better pores but I think all in all it is contributing positively to my regime :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering my giveaway. Got your entry, good luck. x

    I've tried the face mask and I absolutely loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...