Wednesday 2 February 2011

No7 Total Renewal Review


About a year and a half ago I was having Micro-dermabrasion treatments every six weeks because the size and visibility of my pores was making me miserable - I even went to see a doctor but they couldn't do anything. It was my boyfriend who found the clinic for me and I was so desperate I paid almost £400 in total for all of my treatments. The results were amazing; my skin is no where near as oily as it used to be and the difference in the size of my pores is 90% better - I gained a lot more confidence after these changes!

A couple of weeks ago I was at the No7 counter and I spied this:

 No7 Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion Exfoliator 75ml
£11.00 (I got mine for £6.00 with a No7 voucher)

It promises to "reveal fresher, clearer, younger-looking skin, within just 4 treatments." Obviously I know this isn't going to compare to having a professional treatment but after reading thirty five star reviews on the Boots website I wanted to give it a go.

The back of the bottle tells me that micro crystals are used to sweep away dull cells to improve appearance from the very first use, and the very detailed instruction leaflet specifies that you have to massage the exfoliator in circles, starting with your forehead, then cheeks, then downward stokes over your nose and chin.


I've been using this twice a week as specified for the last four weeks. It feels a lot nicer than a regular exfoliator - the beads are more like tiny grains of sand and you only need a gentle touch to avoid the product being too harsh on your skin.


I probably use double this amount to cover my entire face and I like to scrub for a good couple of minutes to make sure I cover all areas. After rinsing the exfoliator off, it feels like I have shed a layer of skin! My pores are thoroughly cleaned out, my face has a nice glow about it and it feels silky soft to touch.

Since I started using this the condition of my skin has greatly improved - my large pores are still hanging around but at least now they given a proper deep clean out. I would buy this again without a doubt, even without a No7 voucher - I can see this tube lasting another few months so you are definitely getting value for money.

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts on it?

8 comments:

  1. Ah I am pleased your have found a something which helps, I hate it when you go to your GP and they just say they can't help, but am glad you have found this to help. I haven't tried this one, but I really like the warming face pack from No7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nicole Top To Toe - I haven't tried the warming face face, it sounds nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I was planning on trying a Origins exfoliator might am considering this. I am going to lool at the Boots reviews. Thank you for the comment.
    Feel free to follow me
    http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the comment.
    I really like washing my face with scrubs and the like so thanks you for the review and I might just try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! x Lovely blog

    myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Great review, I haven't tried it but I think it will be great to help my skin get through the rest of the winter :)

    Love, Vanilla

    http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have awarder you the one awesome blog award. Read my post and you will get all the details
    http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This product sounds like something I definitely need!
    Once my spending ban has been lifted I have a feeling this shall be my first purchase :)
    Lovely blog, now following xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...