These are the cute nail wraps from Wednesday's post in action!
You do get quite a few wraps in the packet as they are for fingers and toes so if you make a mistake you can try again (which I did a few times).
They are pretty easy to apply once you get the hang of them - following the instructions on the back of the packet, you have to remove the shine from your nails with a nail buffer, pick a wrap that matches the size of your nail, smooth it onto your nail then apply heat from a hairdryer until it softens and sticks firmly.
The only problems I had with them was the leftover wrap at the end of the nail; the excess is supposed to be filed off with a wooden file but I just couldn't seem to get it right and ended up with a bit of a rough edge that didn't look very nice! When I came to do the second hand I trimmed the ends off before I applied the wrap to the nail so there wasn't as much excess to try and file down, and this seemed to work a lot better for me.
As for staying power, I applied these on Friday and I'm no longer wearing them - maybe I didn't heat them enough, or they weren't applied with enough pressure but they ends started to curl off after a few days.
I would definitaly use these again for a night out or a special occasion becuause they are different and create a talking point, however I'm not sure if I would want to pay full price for something that only lasts maybe a few days
Has anyone else tried these? I'd love to know your opinion of them!
Samantha from Corsets, Crafts and Cupcakes has awarded me a Blog Award!
According to the rules I have to tell you seven things about myself so here you go...
- I wear fake nails all the time to stop myself biting my real nails - bad habit!
- I love to bake cakes using vegetables instead of butter.
- Last year my boyfriend and I visited New York for 5 days and it was the best holiday of my life.
- My hobby is photography and I'm hoping to start an Open University course in the Summer.
- I can't stop buying shoes.
- In one week I'm starting my new job and I know it's going to make me so much happier than I am in my current job.
- I love monkeys J
The seven blogs I want to pass this award onto are...
I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!