Monday 24 January 2011

St Moriz Self Tanning Mouse

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mouse 200ml
£2.99


They Say: "St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse gives you a professional, flawless tan. Specially developed with ingredients which help to create an instant bronzing effect, providing you with a perfect, all over, professional self tan. Applies as a tinted mousse, which means you can see where you are applying it, and avoid streaking."

I Say: "I love this tan! The only fake tan I’ve ever used is a hint of tan moisturiser, so I was nervous to try this. On my first application I used my hands to rub it in, and ended up scrubbing my hand after each part of my body was done, which meant it was time consuming and a bit messy! On my second attempt, I used a mitt, and what a difference it made! I was able to go over my entire body in around 5 minutes, and the mitt meant that it spread evenly.

The foam looks quite dark when you first put it on your skin, but once you start to rub it in it quickly fades, but at least you can see where the tan has been and don’t end up going over the same area. It dries very quickly – by the time I had covered the top half of my body my legs were dry and I was able to put my clothes back on within a few moments.


It comes out of the tube odourless which I loved, however, after an hour or so that familiar biscuit smell started to develop! It’s by no means an unpleasant smell, it just puts me off using the tan in the morning as I don’t want to smell of it all day, but that’s not really a problem.

I applied this in the evening, after exfoliating everywhere and moisturising my knees and elbows, and woke up with a lovely even, streak free tan. I think I can notice a big difference because usually I’m so white, and I admit I worried about it being too dark/orange, but I am so pleased with the results.


The bottle states to apply every 3 to 5 days, depending on how dark you want to go, so I suppose this varies with how dark your natural skin is – I will definitely be waiting the full 5 days!
Overall, this product deserves 4 and a half monkeys – half a monkey lost for the smell, but that’s the only bad thing I have to say about it, and for the bargain price of £2.99, I’m going to be stocking up!"


Have you tried this self tan? I'd love to know what you think of it!


4 comments:

  1. i've never tried self tan but i think when bikini-season begins i don't want to go out there all white. i'd love for you to post a before and after photo of your skin so i could compare how it looks like. and do you tan normally under self tan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this fake tan and love it!! It's hard to believe its only £3 but it gives such a gorgeous colour and is just a really easy application! Great review :)

    www.daintymakeup.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the spray version but not the mousse which I've heard is better. Think I will try it now based on your recommendation! I found the spray a bit streaky but I didn't use a mitt so that might be the answer!!
    xxx

    lilaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Camelopardalis - Next time I leave it to fade and then re-tan I'll do before and after pics! I don't normally self tan alot because I'm scared of going streaky but I can manage this mousse :)

    @DaintyMakeup - I know, I can't image spending £20+ on a spray tan or anything else now that I've found this!

    @Lila Loves - A mitt is defo the answer, the tan gets rubbed in really well and coveres quite a big area in one go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...