Tuesday 10 May 2011

Weekend Purchases


At the weekend me and the boy took a trip over to Worcester town, mainly so he could see about getting a new tattoo, but he very kindly dropped me off at the shops so I could have a browse. A browse quickly turned into a shop as the Worcester branches of Boots and Superdrug have soooo much more choice than my local branches!

Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Barely There £3.99
&
Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Pink Freeze £3.99
I bought these lipsticks in the 2 for £6 offer. I stood for ages swatching all the colours before finally settling on these two beauties.

Pink Freeze is a gorgeous matte, pink. It's fairly bright but still wearable. Soft lips are a must for this as it will show up any dry patches!

Barely There is a sheen finish and is a lovely nude, subtle colour. This is actually my first nude lipstick - I usually prefer to wear pink, but this is perfect when you want a little something extra without drawing lots of attention, or without looking like you've had a makeup overload.

GOSH Blush in Electric Pink £6.49
I'm on a blush mission at the moment! This little beauty looked too pretty not to buy and I'm really impressed with it. It's called Electric Pink but don't let that put you off! It's more of a soft pink that gives a really subtle flush of colour. I thought I would need a light hand to apply this but I can actually load my brush right up for a nice healthy glow.

Models Own Pro in Matte Blue £8.00
My first Models Own nail polish and I love it! So much so that I'm going to save the painted nails photo for my Sunday nails post, keep a look out for it! For £8 you get a mammoth 15ml of product so you don't feel as if you've wasted any money. I deliberated for aaaages over their colour and finally settled on this one.

Benefit Brow-zings in Light £22.50
I decided I needed a new eyebrow pencil as my current No7 pencil is ever so slightly the wrong shade but it's been bugging me. I ventured over to the Benefit counter and was promptly offered pink lemonade, a cupcake and a Thornton's chocolate!

I explained to the assistant I needed something for brows and she picked out the Brow-zings kit, sat me on the stool and gave me a demo while I munched on my yummy goodies. She also used High Brow on my brow bone and Speed Brow to set my brows but I declined on buying these for now.

I know it looks like I've been using this for ages, but I think I accidentally bashed the bag against something because I managed to knock all the top layer of powder off; I'm so clumsy!

Please excuse my no makeup eyes!


What are your newest makeup purchases?

5 comments:

  1. Love the look of that blush :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barely There looks really pretty!

    Regarding your comment on my blog, I use a Canon PowerShot A1000IS. I thought it was pretty shitty at first, until I discovered the macro setting LOL. But I think you always take great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I have to say I just love the name of your blog! Definitely catches attention! :) I just had to check it out.

    All the products you bought look really great! I just got a shipment from Sleek and their products are very good for that price I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lucy - It's so pretty :)

    @GABY - Thanks for your reply! My camera never seems to zoom in enough, even on macro!

    @MakeupLook/Catharina - Thank you! I hope you enjoy all your Sleek products :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhh, brows look great! I've been umming and ahhing over that benefit set for AGES!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...