Tuesday 31 May 2011

Chicken in Piri Piri Sauce



On Sunday, me and the boy had a quiet night in with a film and this lovely dinner we made out of Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals Book.

Serves 2.

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts sliced length ways
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
Fresh thyme
Piri Piri Sauce:
1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp paprika
1 red chili

Method:
Slice the peppers into large chunks and season the chicken breasts.
Griddle or pan fry the chicken breasts and peppers until the chicken is golden and the peppers are soft.
Blitz all the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Pour the sauce into an oven proof dish and lay the peppers, chicken and thyme over the top.
Pop the dish in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is hot and bubbling.
Serve!

We ate ours with roast potatoes and a side salad. I think I over-lemoned the piri piri sauce but it was still a very tasty and filling dinner!

What have you cooked recently? What's your favourite recipe?

8 comments:

  1. YUM!! That looks so good! My chicken never turns out right. Its always too chewy. I think it's the way I cook it. hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Prettyinthedesert - Oh no! Ours turned out nice but it was the boy cooking it, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I'm a terrible cook and so my favourite thing to make are green smoothies as they're pretty idiot proof! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks super yummy :) Thanks for sharing the recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LilyLipstick - A green smoothie sounds interesting, what do you put in that?

    @Joy - You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm this looks GORGEOUS!! Bookmarked this to try later - I love chicken so much! <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...