Tuesday 3 May 2011

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation 30ml in Opal £14.30


In my post last week I told you that my skin has been behaving itself lately - well, how quickly things change! I'm not sure if it's been down to my poor diet over the bank holiday weekends, feeling tired and blue or just my skin being my skin, but this week, over the weekend especially, my skin has really been getting me down.

It's not so oily these days, but very uneven in texture and I always feel that if I can see my pores, then everyone else can definitely see them! It's left me feeling pretty down in the dumps over the last few days if I'm honest. 

I'm not entirely sure where I heard of Vichy Dermablend, but it had been floating around in my head for a while, so after a night spent watching YouTube video reviews, I trotted off to Boots yesterday morning to buy myself a tube. £14.30 is more that I have spent on previous foundations but right now I am desperate for the full coverage it promises. I chose Opal, the lightest shade as I'm naturally quite pale and this matches my skin tone very well.


They Say: "VICHY DERMABLEND Corrective Foundation gives total coverage, long lasting wear with a blendable moisturising texture. A high coated pigment concentration reaching a level of 25%, which offers twice the coverage of a traditional foundation with a natural lightweight finish."

To start with I tried applying it with a brush but I found I achieved better results by just using my fingers to blend it out. The foundation itself seems to be quite thick when it comes out of the tube but once you start to apply it, it feels no different to any other foundation I have used.

The difference in coverage can be instantly seen though - my skin looks so much more even and smooth. I put little dots of foundation all over my face before blending and a little bit goes a very long way. I dotted a bit of concealer over my cheeks, mostly out of habit, but I think I could probably get away without it!


At the end of the day my make up is still in one place - it doesn't feel heavy on my face and it hasn't gone cakey - sometimes I am itching to wipe my make up off after work but so far this still feels quite fresh. It promises 12 hours of wear and I'd say this a pretty good estimate.

Overall I am so impressed with this foundation and would happily recommend it to anyone struggling with their skin and needs a little bit extra coverage than a regular foundation; it could also be used as a concealer over a medium coverage foundation.
Definitely worth the money in my opinion!


Have you ever used this foundation? What are your thoughts on it?

1 comment:

  1. I've been pondering this sort of product for a while, the dermalogica one is so expensive! I might ponder on this one, sounds really good - Thank you! x

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...