Tuesday 21 June 2011

What I Ate - Waldof Salad

My mum was trying to decide what to cook for dinner tonight and we thought we'd try something a bit different! 
I nipped out to Tesco in my lunch hour for a bag of walnuts and a pot of natural yogurt and threw this together in under 15 minutes.
A quick and filling (honestly) dinner using ingredients you probably already have in your fridge/fruit bowl! 

Waldorf Salad
Serves 2


Ingredients:
60g chopped walnuts
60g celery, thinly sliced
60g seedless red grapes (or 30g raisins)
1 apple, cored and chopped
3 tbsp natural yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt
Pepper
Lettuce

Method:
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and lemon juice; add half a teaspoon of salt and a quarter teaspoon of fresh ground pepper; mix in the apple, celery, grapes and walnuts; serve on a bed of fresh lettuce.

This recipe serves two hungry people and works out at around 360 calories per serving.
Enjoy!


What's your favourite salad? Favourite 'throw together' recipe?

1 comment:

  1. I love salads - they're so yummy and healthy at the same time - BONUS! But I hate cooking with my mum. That's because I don't know how to do ANYTHING (excpet toast and scambled eggs) and she is always bossing me around. ;) Not a good idea. X



    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...